Christ Church West Goulburn
Christ Church is an Anglican church located at 128 Addison St Goulburn NSW 2580.
It was built in 1884 and extended in 1978. The interior of the church is warm with the focal point being it’s colourful stained-glass window of the risen Christ.
More details are provided on the ‘History’ page.
St Bartholomew’s Windellama
St Bartholomew’s Anglican Church and cemetery is 38km south-east of Goulburn via the Windellama Road. It is set in an open paddock on the north side of the road.
The foundation stone for the church was laid on 27 October 1859. Rev’d Richard Cartwright (son of Rev’d Robert Cartwright and brother of Thomas) was the instigator for establishing St Bartholomew’s but tragically he died only two months after the foundation stone was laid.
The historic cemetery at St Batholomew’s consists of a general monumental section with inscriptions dating from 1854, a memorial wall that was dedicated on 27 August 1995 and a War memorial listing the names of local men who died during both World Wars.
Recently the St Bartholomew’s cemetery was classified by the National Trust of NSW as part of our local heritage. The trust defined that the cemetery fell into the following classification, ‘Those places which are components of the natural or the cultural environment of Australia, that have aesthetic, historical, architectural, archaeological scientific or social significance for future generations, as well as for the present community.’
The church continues to hold services on the fourth Sunday of each month as well as at Easter and Christmas.
St Mark’s Bronte
St Mark’s Anglican Church and cemetery is located at the end of Church Lane 37km south of Goulburn, off Glenovel Rd via Windellama Rd and Lumley Rd. It is set in trees in a paddock with a tree-lined drive along Church Lane.
There is a small cemetery to the left of the church containing the graves of a number of pioneer families who have had a close association with the church. With the closing of the Parish of Lake Bathurst, St Mark’s became part of the Parish of Christ Church West Goulburn. It continues to have regular services on the second Sunday of each month.